Rules & Regulations
- The Organizers can accept no responsibility for loss or theft in changing rooms, ballrooms, or hotel rooms. Neither can they be held liable for injury sustained from attending this event.
- No personal video cameras will be allowed. There will be professional videographers and photographers on hand to handle your video and photo needs.
- The Organizers cannot be held responsible for any personal charges made to the hotel. All participants must pay their own personal charges including, phone charges and room service.
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
- Age Divisions: See appropriate entry forms. Pro/Am and Amateur may enter true age category and one division younger (Except: Pre-Teen, Junior, and Youth).
- Dancers are required to be in the “on deck” area two heats prior to their scheduled heat. Any competitor not on the floor when the Master of Ceremonies calls is subject to disqualification for that heat.
- Medalist Material used in closed competition should be based on the current NDCA American Step List and requirements in the American Bronze Entries.
- In all categories, entrants may dance up to two (2) consecutive levels higher than the proclaimed standard for further exposure. For example, entering Preliminary Bronze, Intermediate Bronze, and Full Bronze is acceptable, however, Preliminary Bronze and Preliminary Silver is not. Entrants may submit entries in completely different levels in International style, versus American style.
- Open Divisions are not material restricted. Dancers must still enter only their level and above (i.e. Preliminary Silver or above dancer may not enter a Bronze division).
- Solos are limited to 2:00 minutes. Solo judging is on impressions; students receive scores and comments.
- Scholarships and 1-Dance events are not separated by sex (see entry form).
- Packages: The Organizers have provided packages to accommodate your needs. Please see package pricing sheets.
- Hotel accommodations must be made directly with the hotel. See page 10 of this release. Make reservations by sending rooming list and summary sheet to the Organizers by the deadline.
- Please adhere to deadline to ensure proper entry into the program. Entries received after the deadlines are subject to a $50 late fee and must be paid by cashier’s check.
- Cancellations and refunds: The deadline for cancellation refunds is two (2) weeks prior to the event. If the Organizers are notified after the deadline, refunds will be considered only in case of emergency and will require a doctor’s certificate. Refunds will be mailed thirty (30) days after the event. No substitutions are allowed for entry cancellations at the event. Absolutely No Refunds will be made at the event.
- Program advertising rates: Full page ad $500. Send high resolution PDF, camera-ready ad with check
payable to Hotlanta Dance Challenge no later than September 15th, 2011.
- Exhibit fee: $1,500 standard includes exhibit space, full page ad in the program and security.